What are the essentials of the Christian Faith?
Here's the answer:
The Bible reveals what is important and essential to our Christian faith. These are the concepts we should understand and believe if we are followers of Jesus.
The essentials of the Christian faith are that Jesus is God, Jesus’ resurrection, salvation through believing in Jesus, the Gospel, and the Trinity.
There are many important parts of the Christian faith:
• Jesus is God (John 10:30). This means that God came to save us from the bad things that we do. The Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are all God, but three distinct persons. A second essential of the Christian faith is Jesus’ resurrection. The Bible tells us Jesus died for the bad things we do, was buried, and rose again (1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
• Salvation is by grace (Ephesians 2:8-9). We are all sinners who are separated from God and we deserve eternal punishment. If we believe that Jesus died for the bad things we do, was buried, and rose again, then we are given salvation. There is nothing we can do to earn God’s favor. It is by His grace.
• Salvation is through Jesus Christ alone. Salvation includes forgiveness of the bad things we do, friendship with Jesus, and life forever even after we die. We can only have salvation through Jesus (Acts 4:12). There is nothing greater than believing in Jesus! Jesus wants you to come to know Him and believe in Him. He loves you so much.
• The resurrection of Christ. Jesus died and after three days, He rose from the dead! Through this, He displayed His awesome power.
• The Gospel. This is the good news of Jesus’ death, burial, and resurrection. We all can have hope because of the Gospel. Through Jesus being resurrected shows He had power over death and sin.
• Monotheism. There is only one God.
• The Holy Trinity. God is three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. But He isn't three gods. When we say God is three Persons, we don't mean that He is three people or three men. By "person," we mean a real being—someone who can think, feel, and choose. Each Person of God is fully God. The Father is fully God. The Son is fully God. The Holy Spirit is fully God.
There are so many essentials of the Christian faith and it is important that we know about them and believe them by faith. Hebrews 11:6 says, “Without faith it is impossible to please God. Those who come to God must believe that he exists. And they must believe that he rewards those who look to him.”
"God’s grace has saved you because of your faith in Christ. Your salvation doesn’t come from anything you do. It is God’s gift. It is not based on anything you have done. No one can brag about earning it" (Ephesians 2:8-9).
"You can’t be saved by believing in anyone else. God has given people no other name under heaven that will save them" (Acts 4:12).
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me'" (John 14:6).