What is Judaism?
Here's the answer:
Judaism is an old religion. Some people are ethnically Jewish, and others follow the religion of Judaism.
Judaism is a very old religion. Many people think Judaism is the same as Christianity, but that’s not true.
People can also be Jewish by ethnicity. The name “Jew” comes from Judah who was one of the sons of the twelve tribes of Israel. Everyone descended from Judah would be known as part of the tribe of Judah. After the death of King Solomon, the kingdoms divided and anyone who was in Judah was declared to be a Jew. Today, many believe that a Jew is anyone who is a physical descendant of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, regardless of which of the original twelve tribes he descends from.
Judaism, the religion, has five main sects belief systems. The beliefs are very different, but we’ll attempt to summarize the traditional beliefs here:
• God is the creator and is to be worshipped.
• Judaism’s sacred text is the Torah. The Torah contains the first five books of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.
• God has talked to the Jewish people through prophets.
• Good actions are rewarded by God. He also punishes evil. They believe faith comes out of actions.
• The 613 commandments found in Leviticus and other books regulate all aspects of Jewish life.
• Jews do not believe in Jesus of the Bible. They do not accept Him as their Messiah. Jews believe their Messiah will be a strong, political warrior. They do not believe Jesus is God.
The Bible clearly teaches that only through believing in Jesus can a person be saved. Participating in good deeds or following the Jewish law will not save a person.
"Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you really know me, you will know my Father also. From now on, you do know him. And you have seen him'" (John 14:6-7).
"I and the Father are one" (John 10:30).
"God’s grace has saved you because of your faith in Christ. Your salvation doesn’t come from anything you do. It is God’s gift. It is not based on anything you have done. No one can brag about earning it" (Ephesians 2:8-9).